Saturday 2 February 2013

(viii) It's all about big and deep

I don't want to sound shallow, but it's all about big and deep for me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the foreplay; the titivating view from above, tantalising shapes and depths to be explored for the first time.

The anticipation, the expectation, framed with a little performance anxiety. It has been a while, more through opportunity than choice. I just hope I remember how the equipment works - would hate to let the others down.

Nothing beats that feeling when you jump straight in and get wet for the first time. I take a moment to familiarise myself before diving a little deeper. Keeping my breathing steady to ensure longevity.

I memorise every image to toy with and savour later. A feeling builds as I sink deeper and deeper. I know my buddy feels it too, it's clear in the way her body relaxes, waves of pleasure overtaking us.

I'm nearing my limit. I try to focus on anything else, control my breathing, relax myself.

I never feel complete unless...

...unless

My vision blurs, but through the murky depths I see the smile I've been waiting for. The beautiful, natural grin that makes my day perfect. I inhale deeply with uncontrolled fulfilment.

No dive is complete without a shark sighting.







No comments:

Post a Comment