Tuesday 29 January 2013

(ii) Whitesnake...


iPod shuffle...

Songs trip by as I slip into sleep and back, head rocking with numerous gear changes. Jack Johnson, Razorlight, Whitesnake.

There's always a song. Funeral, Wedding, Car trip, Holiday. Always a song, but not normally this soon...

'I don't know where I'm going...but I sure know where I've been'

I've travelled plenty. So fortunate. Every year I escape. From what? I always return. Why? No firm plans. Sipadan though, at some point. See where the wind takes me. No point planning when...

'Here I go again on my own'

It does seem strange. It used to excite me. Freedom. From what? I'm still here - no space in the junk room to leave me behind. I'm out of the boots, but not quite into the flip flops yet.

'Like a drifter I was born to walk alone'

Is anyone? Pack animal. My team proves that, we used to hunt together. Stronger that way. Will take that mentality with me when the wind blows. Not this mindset. This one can be forgotten. My memories will be of the pack.

'And I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time'

A twitter quote struck home this week. 'Don't spend a lifetime plotting  yearly escapes. Spend your holidays planning a life you seek no escape from.' I paraphrase. We all do. The sentiment remains.

'Here I go again on my own'

No comments:

Post a Comment